The Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission has announced an October 1, 2015 application deadline for the Agribusiness Grant Program.
Priority uses of Agribusiness grant funds include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting tobacco farmers in transitioning into alternative agriculture enterprises, including traditional and specialty crops and livestock, wood products, aquaculture, viticulture and other agricultural products.
- Assisting farmers with improved production techniques that result in increased profitability.
- Increasing net farm income.
- Expanding market opportunities for agricultural products, either through expansion of existing products and markets, or identification of new products and markets.
- Finding new ways to add value to agricultural products. Pilot and demonstration programs that have the potential for transferability. All applications must be submitted through the Commission's new on-line applicant portal,