Blog posts tagged in committees
February 20, 2017
After many years of dedicated serviced to the sportsmen and women of Virginia, Delegate Scott Lingamfelter would like to grow opportunities for other members of the House Sportsman’s Caucus. Delegate Lingamfelter has asked me to assume his position, and I have accepted.
The Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission has announced an October 1, 2015 application deadline for the Agribusiness Grant Program.
Priority uses of Agribusiness grant funds include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting tobacco farmers in transitioning into alternative agriculture enterprises, including traditional and specialty crops and livestock, wood products, aquaculture, viticulture and other agricultural products.
- Assisting farmers with improved production techniques that result in increased profitability.
- Increasing net farm income.
- Expanding market opportunities for agricultural products, either through expansion of existing products and markets, or identification of new products and markets.
- Finding new ways to add value to agricultural products.
Pilot and demonstration programs that have the potential for transferability. All applications must be submitted through the Commission's new on-line applicant portal,
Good news for any organization or individual who is searching for grant opportunities!